Employer FAQs

Many of the following questions will be fully addressed in the Administration Manual. You are also able to complete many of these tasks through the online dashboard by following these instructions.

How do I enroll employees?

When an employee is enrolling for group coverage you may notify Kansas City Life one of three ways:

How do I terminate employees?

When an employee terminates from your group coverage notify Kansas City Life one of three ways. You may:

How do I process an employee address change?

Notify Kansas City Life by one of the three following methods:

What is open enrollment?

Open enrollment is the one time of year employees are able to enroll or decline dental/vision coverage without being subject to a late application provision. Employers have the option of electing an open enrollment, as well as the applicable dates of the open enrollment, at the time of sale. In order for employees to enroll during open enrollment, an Enrollment Form must be completed, signed and submitted to Kansas City Life or you may log onto Group Dashboard and select "Add Members" and then select "Open Enrollment". Refer to your Policy to determine if an open enrollment is available and selected for your group.

How do I find dental providers in our area?

Click here for Dental Network Providers.

What if employees (or their dependents) also have coverage through another carrier?

If employees have additional coverage, it is their responsibility to provide Kansas City Life with this information as soon as possible so that we may coordinate benefits with the other policy. Employees may receive an annual request to update this information.

Do you accept credit cards for premium payment?

Credit card payments are not currently accepted for premium payments.

Can I pay my bill online?

We offer the ability to pay your bill by electronic check through our online Webpay.

How can I get a spreadsheet of active employees on the plan

Log onto Group Dashboard. Choose "View Census" then click on "Census Export" and you will be asked to either open or save the file.

How do I order a replacement ID card for dental?

You may request a replacement ID card one of three ways:

  • Click here to print an electronic ID card.
  • Log onto Group Dashboard and select "Request Dental/Vision ID Cards".
  • Contact your Client Services Representative.

How are employees reimbursed for eligible out-of-network vision services?

When making a claim for the Davis Vision Care benefit, proof of each charge must be furnished. Attach itemized receipts for services with the claim form. (When receipts are provided, it is not mandatory to include the provider’s signature and state license number as requested on the form.) Be sure the receipts indicate:

  • Name of the provider
  • Name of the patient
  • Date of the treatment
  • Description of service and materials
  • Amount of charge
  • Signature

The claim must be submitted via U.S. mail to Kansas City Life within 90 days from the date of service. Claim forms may not be faxed. The claim reimbursement form is only necessary when members go to an out-of-network provider. In-network providers will handle claim filing for the member.

What is the turn-around time on correspondence?

We have a 5 business day turn-around time for processing correspondence.

What can employees do if they have a grievance or do not agree with a decision on a denied dental claim?

We recommend they contact Customer Service if they disagree with a payment decision. If the question is not resolved to their satisfaction they may also provide an appeal in writing. The appeal can be mailed to:

Boon Chapman
Attention: Appeals Coordinator
P.O. Box 9040
Austin, TX 78766